Design Your Own Product workshop
Have you ever wanted to design your own fashion line, soft furnishings for home and interiors or that perfect scarf accessory but just can’t seem to find the right colours or design? Have you ever wanted to stretch away in yoga, limbering up in your very own leggings, but dont know where to start?
Well here is the chance to take your Adobe Photoshop skills and apply them to learning how to develop your own custom digital design for a chiffon scarf, cushions, blanket, beach towel, lycra leggings or a singlet! Focusing on developing designs for placement printing, this one day workshop will give you an insight into the world of digital fabric printing. Using photographs or images and applying various manipulation options in Photoshop, at the end of the day you will have learnt how to set up your design ready for printing as a placement print for a product!
Covered in the workshop:
- What is digital printing and what is a placement print?
- How print design can develop
- Taking photographs or using existing photos and images
- Learn about manipulation options in Photoshop such as altering colour, texture, and layering options, to develop a print design
- How to set up a print ready file for a scarf or pair of leggings
- It is recommended that you have at least basic working knowledge of Photoshop. If you don’t have this, the class could be a struggle for you, feel free to get in contact if you have any concerns or consider the Textile design for Photoshop beginners instead.
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your personal laptop. Required to bring your laptop (don’t forget the charger cable) to work on during the day.
- Camera, camera phone and any required cables to transfer images to the laptop
- Your best creative self and an open mind
After the workshop, you can choose to have your creation, scarf or leggings (or both) printed and finished. This is at an additional cost and would need to be arranged with Digital Fabrics following the workshop.