Terms and conditions of trade
Please take a time to read and understand our terms and conditions of trade before placing your order with Digital Fabrics. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions, you should not accept the terms and you should not place an order with Digital Fabrics. Placing an order with Digital Fabrics indicates your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Ordering and Payment
- All fabric printing orders under 10 m must be submitted via our Custom Fabric file uploader or to be sent in writing (by email is fine), and must be clearly explained and supported by spec sheet where necessary.
- When ordering, please add the correct sewing and making allowances to your order.
- Our minimum order is 1 m and you can print as many different designs as you wish – the amount of colours in your artwork or designs doesn’t affect the price.
- Our turnaround time on polyester fabrics is 5 working days and 7-10 working days on natural fabrics for print production, plus delivery.
- Production cut off time is 3 pm, any orders submitted after 3 pm will be rolled over to the next working day.
- While we do our best to quote accurate delivery times, we cannot accept responsibilities for transit delays.
- Strike-offs on polyester fabrics are charged at $5 each plus delivery, on natural fabrics at $10 each.
- A setup fee of $45 per fabric type applies to all printing orders when using our One on One services
- While we take good care of checking files for errors, Digital Fabrics accepts no responsibility for files that are not ‘print ready’.
- We do not provide file review for online orders.
- We provide two file reviews per One On One service orders. Additional file reviews, adjustments and/or corrections will be billed at our standard hourly rate of $125/hour with an hour minimum charge.
- Current prices are listed on our website are in AUD including GST excluding delivery.
- Current prices are listed in our price list for One On One services exclude GST and delivery. We charge per linear meter per fabric type.
- Our payment terms are strictly prepaid, work will not commence until payment is received.
- Please check your order carefully – if you make a mistake with your order and we process and print it, you’ll still be required to pay for it.
- Online fabric printing and cushion cover printing orders are final and cannot be cancelled.
- All One On One service orders are final – cancellations must be promptly advised in writing and are subject to approval by Digital Fabrics. You might be charged refund administrative fee.
- For One On One service orders where Digital Fabrics approves the cancellation a 50% order cancellation fee applies. If we have already printed your order or do not accept your cancellation, the full invoice value is payable.
- Stock fabrics are subject to change by Digital Fabrics without notice.
- You warrant that all files/artwork supplied to Digital Fabrics for printing is either your own work, or you are authorised to reproduce the work and you authorise Digital Fabrics to reproduce any of the works on your behalf. You agree to hold Digital Fabrics harmless for any loss or damage we may incur for reproducing work at your request.
- Digital Fabrics may use your artwork in its own promotional material as samples of our services and products.
- We DO NOT accept designs that we consider inappropriate such as, offensive or threatening to others, violating intellectual property rights by using authorized images and content. The final decision on whether to approve a design for further production, or not, will always rest with Digital Fabrics. We reserve the right to report inappropriate designs to authorities.
Design and Production
- For printing all supplied artwork will be trimmed to fit the fabric width.
- If you need to colour match the design to your current project or require graphic design or fabric design services, clear spec sheet and explanation must be provided. All colour matching services are charged @ $125/hour, with an estimate will be provided prior to work commencing
- All artwork for printing must be supplied ready for printing and in repeat. If you don’t understand how to prepare your artwork correctly for fabric printing, to avoid printing issues, we recommend customers to use our experienced textile designer, to prepare artwork correctly for fabric printing.
- If your artwork requires adjustments or additional set up/artwork you will be charged at $125/hour. An estimate will be provided before work commences.
- Please be advised that colours of your printed order can vary from fabric batch to fabric batch and from fabric type to fabric type, as every fabric takes up colours differently.
- For all Online Orders we are unable to offer colour matching and colour management services. Various conditions affect colours, Digital Fabrics will not be held responsible for any reprint as a result of colour fluctuations and variations from print to print. If you are after specific colour or consistent colour outcome from order to order, please choose our One on One service where we can offer you colour matching and colour management services.
- White as colour cannot be printed; any areas in the image that are white will be the colour of the fabric.
- Please note that fabric shrinkage of 1-10% may occur during printing. Printed fabric will never be at the precise size due to shrinkage and nature of fabric.
- We do not recommend printing large regions of pure, flat colours on natural fabrics. Due to the nature of printing on natural fabrics large regions of pure, flat colours cannot be printed evenly and flat. If you are after the large regions of pure flat colours please choose polyester fabric.
- We print our designs on the right side of fabrics unless indicated otherwise.
- If we supply your order in two or more lengths, or with detected quality problems in your run, we will supply additional meterage to compensate.
- Please be aware that due to the fabric manifacturing procces some fabrics may have knots where yarn were tyed together. Printed fabric will never be completly flat and without small flaws due to the yarn and fabric manufacturing procceses.
- We take great care to have carry consistent fabric qualities and work only with reliable suppliers. However stock fabric quality can vary from batch to batch due to circumstances beyond our control. A slight variation in feel, thickness and weight may occur from batch to batch.
- From time to time certain stock fabrics may be unavailable. We reserve the right to substitute any fabric with an equivalent fabric type for any Online Orders without notice. All One On One customers will be notified prior order acceptance.
- We reserve the right to print any online order on any printer. Please note colours reproduction can vary considerably between printers due to different machinery.
- Digital printing on fabric can also result in a rare slight “fuzziness” pixelated like spots, in the printed fabric, this is normal and not a printing fault.
- If time is crucial, we can arrange express service, subject to availability and additional fees which we will quote you at the time of placing your order. Turnaround times quoted for express service start from the first working hour after everything required for printing has been provided. Please note that production problems which may occur during express printing will not be credited.
- Express services may be available on request and are charged at $100 + 50% of the total order + GST Express services may reduce lead times down to 48 hours for printing and additional 48 hours for finishing, subject to confirmation of actual delivery time by Digital Fabrics. Notwithstanding promised delivery dates, Digital Fabrics accepts no liability for late delivery of items.
- We do not offer Express turnaround on Online Cushion Covers orders.
- No discounts applicable to express service.
Shipping and Delivery
- For Shipping in Australia your signature will be required on delivery. If no one is available at the time of delivery courier will leave a calling card. It is your responsibility to arrange for re-delivery with the specified courier company.
- We cannot deliver to PO Box numbers.
- We are unable to redirect orders once they have been booked for a dispatch.
- Digital Fabrics Pty Ltd will not be liable for any extra charges or damages involved in delivering or re-delivering orders.
- All disputes involving the inability to obtain a signature or the inability to access or locate the delivery address will need to be taken up directly with the transport company.
- Although we do offer estimated delivery times, unfortunately we cannot guarantee delivery times or be held responsible for any delays by our nominated transport company.
Disputes and Problems
- In the event of any problem with your order our total liability to you is our total invoice value for this order and you agree that we are not liable for any other damages or consequential losses you may incur.
- You need to advise us within two working days after receiving your order of any discrepancy or problem with your order. After two working days, you are deemed to have accepted the goods.
- Claims cannot be considered until we inspect returned goods. Goods must be returned at your expense, and if your claim is accepted we will credit our standard delivery cost to your account to cover the cost of returned goods.
- Claims can only be considered if we receive the fabric as delivered to you. Claims cannot be considered if you have already cut or otherwise modified the fabric in any way.
- Two working days must be allowed for us to process your request upon receiving your parcel.
- Due to limited spaces in our workshops and classes, all school bookings are final and cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly NON transferable to other class dates.
- If class is cancelled you wil get full refund.
Terms and Conditions on supplying your own fabric and paper for printing and transfer printing (pressing)
- If you would like to supply your own polyester-base fabric for printing, your fabric must have a polyester content of 80% or more and be white or light colour based. A polyester content of 100% is desirable, and will provide a more intense and deeper print colour.
- If you would like to supply your own natural fabric base for printing, your fabric must have no polyester, nylon, silk or viscose.
- All customers supplied fabrics are subject to testing and approval by Digital Fabrics.
- Minimum order of 10 m applies to all customers supplied fabrics.
- A Set up fee $45 is applied to all customers supplied fabric orders.
- You must provide fabric two meters longer than your print job in order to roll on and off our machines. Not enough fabric might lead to flaws and/or loss of print length.
- You must check your fabric for creases and marks before submitting your order, as any fabric flaws will impact the print result.
- Fabrics that you supply must be prepared for Transfer Printing (pressing). Fabric that is not prepared for transfer printing will lead to smudges and distortion of the print, for which Digital Fabrics is not liable.
- All supplied fabrics must rolled onto a core 5 cm in diameter.
- All supplied paper must be rolled onto a dye sublimation paper core.
- When supplying your own fabric for printing and heat transfer fabric face must be stated.
- Printed image on the supplied paper for print transfer must at least 3 cm narrower than supplied fabric.
- Our printing width depends on fabric width and for every order is approximate only. You must check the fabric width prior placing an order to determine how wide to setup your artwork.
- We do not accept fabric with Nylon or Acrylic as this will damage our equipment. Fabric composition of supplied fabric must be stated by you with your order.
- If your supply fabric which damages our equipment you will be liable for the cost of repairs, including any losses incurred by Digital Fabrics during the down time of the machine.
- For customer supplied fabric, we are providing the service of print and pressing your order, and all risk with respect to the outcome and results of this process rests with you. We will use reasonable endeavours to carry out the work to your satisfaction, however due to matters beyond our control including but not limited to the characteristics of the fabric, fabric contamination, fabric flaws we will not be responsible for any flaws that occur during production nor responsible for any loss, damages or consequential losses of any kind.