Digital Textile & Surface Design Intensive
2 DAY WORKSHOP SYDNEY
Cost: $ 285
This workshop was designed as an in-depth, hand-on practical learning experience for driven creatives who is looking to take their skills to the next level and focused on new leanings towards professional development.
This surface design intensive workshop jam-packed with various textile design repeating techniques and exercises in Photoshop.
Start off with a quick brush up of your knowledge of Photoshop fundamentals and dive straight into seamless repeating techniques that will set you on the road to designing and printing your own textiles and surface design prints.
You’ll walk away with the tools to continue polishing and perfecting your surface designs for further surface professional development.
Covered in the workshop:
- What is digital fabric printing and what is a seamless repeat
- Converting art into digital format and taking it into Photoshop
- The basic functions of Photoshop for textile design
- Cleaning artwork and preparing for layout
- What is layout and what is repeat
- Learn repeat set ups using various techniques
- How to check a repeat is seamless
- How to get your file ready for digital fabric printing
- Saving files, layered vs flat
- This workshop is for those who has some experience in Photoshop or have participated in our workshops previously.
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your personal laptop. Required to bring your laptop (don’t forget the charger cable) to work on during the day.
- Your best creative self and an open mind
Dates: October 19 & 20th from 10-4pm with a break for lunch, light refreshments available. Please note this workshop runs for two days.
After the workshop, you can choose to have your design printed. This is at an additional cost and would need to be arranged with Digital Fabrics following the workshop.