Textile Design for Photoshop Beginners
Cost: $ 260
Ever dreamed of having your own design printed along meters and meters of fabric but always been a little nervous about opening up a program like Adobe Photoshop?
Never fear, your opportunity is here to open the program and learn the very basics that can have you on the road to designing and printing your own fabric in no time! Focusing on the very fundamentals of Photoshop you’ll walk away with the tools to continue your exploration into the world of textile design and printing.
Designed as an intro into Photoshop and textile design, once you have completed these sessions, you can look to challenge yourself and new skills at our more advanced classes.
Covered in the workshop:
- What is digital fabric printing and what is a seamless repeat
- Scanning artwork and taking it into Photoshop, converting art into digital format
- The basic functions and applications of Photoshop including selection methods and image ‘fixing’
- Learn basic repeat set ups and how to get your file ready for digital fabric printing
- Saving files, layered vs flat
- Basic mirror repeat setup and how to check a repeat is seamless
- This workshop is for those with very little to no Photoshop experience. If you know what the marquee tool is and how to use it, you might want to consider other Design and Make Your Own Products workshops instead.
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your personal laptop. Required to bring your laptop (don’t forget the charger cable) to work on during the day.
- Your best creative self and an open mind
Cost: $ 260
Dates: May 19 & 26th from 10-4pm with a break for lunch, light refreshments available. This workshop runs in two different days with a week long break between the classes for homework and best material digestion.
After the workshop, you can choose to have your design printed. This is at an additional cost and would need to be arranged with Digital Fabrics following the workshop.