Floral Textile Design Workshop
2 DAY WORKSHOP SYDNEY
Cost: $ 285
Learn how to create a beautiful textile design print for digital printing; step by step from creating and drawing floral motifs and elements expressing your creativity to colouring and creating an amazing print design layout. You will learn hand drawing techniques, what best art materials to use, how to prepare and create elements for your print, clean and colouring and designing your print using Adobe Photoshop. We will play with colors, filters, scale, movements, resolution, mock-ups, layers, repetitions all we need to create a gorgeous print for fashion. Roberta, our friend and the creative director of a local print textile studio Betta Designs will guide you through the workshop, offering insights and giving demonstrations and show you how to use techniques, drawing and she will guide you through every stage. It’s a great opportunity to learn the basic skills, to create your own textile design, share your art and enjoy two days of workshop connecting with other creative textile souls!
All art materials are provided including fresh floral reference and info sheet. After the workshop, you will receive A3 size fabric sample of your beautiful design.
Please note this is not a seamless repeating workshop.
Covered in the workshop:
- Hand drawing floral elements
- Converting drawings into digital format and taking it into Photoshop
- Functions of Photoshop for cleaning and coloring floral elements
- Creating floral print layout
- How to save your files
- This workshop is for those who has some experience in Photoshop or have participated in our workshops previously.
- Adobe Photoshop installed on your personal laptop. Required to bring your laptop (don’t forget the charger cable) to work on during the day.
- Your best creative self and an open mind
Dates: 27 & 28th of June, from 10-4pm with a break for lunch, light refreshments available. Please note this workshop runs for two days.
Teacher: Roberta Montorfano